An interactive audio-visual online inhaler training has now been made available as a patient education program free for Asthman and COPD patients. The training will be on the 10 commonly prescribed inhalers and is available in two languages.
MAAP Healthy Schools Committee Results
Since the publication of the Strategic Plan for Asthma in Massachusetts, MAAP has had many concrete successes in achieving its goals. Through these successes, MAAP is helping to reduce exposures for both children and adults in schools.
- There are currently 2 templates for Electronic AAPs (Asthma Action Plans) - one for adults and one for youth which are available in 8 languages.
- Greater Brockton Asthma Coalition has made good use of the multilingual AAPs.
- There are approximately 700 AAPs being compiled on a quarterly basis across the State.
- Health Resources in Action surveyed of use of AAPs in community health centers and found that though pediatricians and nurses thought that although AAPs are useful, they do not broadly as there is little direct support by health center administrators, and that there are time constraints.
- Children’s Hospital Boston currently using an electronic version of AAP that they developed internally.
- The Healthy Schools Committee also agreed to promote registration for an online course on the use of disinfectants in schools that can be taken at Northeastern University.